Jessica Rowell Photography

Jessica Rowell Photography
Jessica Rowell Photography

Monday, November 22, 2010

We Won!!! -And my deep thoughts.

 Wow! That was a tough game. I was very concerned that we would not beat Ole Miss. It was so close the entire game. I was not only dreading the rest of the trip but I was dreading the fact that Kevin would have to come back to Mississippi and face Ole Miss fans. If the truth needs to be told, some of them are not very nice. Instead of enjoying their win and delighting in a victory, they like to rub it in the opposing team's (LSU's) face with their horrible cheer. I mean who makes up a cheer like that? BIM BAM FLIM FLAM???? Why would you cheer about flim?? Isn't that what gets caught in your throat when you get a cold? Anyway, enough of that. We won!!! That was really exciting. We went to the game with Brian and Chelsea and had a blast. It was their first time in Tiger Stadium and Kevin was so excited to have converted another friend over to LSU! Brian and Chelsea both bought  LSU t-shirts so its official!
After the game we were hungry so we went to eat at a place called Louisana's Kitchen. Kevin picked a great place because the food was wonderful! After supper we went back to our hotel and crashed. We were so tired. The game was mentally exhausting. LOL!
This morning we woke up and went to worship at South Baton Rouge Church of Christ. It was uplifting to worship with other brothers and sisters in Christ that I have never met before. It seems like a great church.

 I think I have convinced Kevin that there is NO WAY we want our girls to go to LSU to college. WOW! It was so sad to see all those girls there dressed so immodestly. The question that kept running through my head was, "Does their momma know they are dressed like that?" It was so sad to see some of the things we saw that I am sure goes on at every public college campus. I guess I am just a little sheltered in that sense. It breaks my heart, especially since I am a mom of daughters.  All I know is that Kevin and I have 10 years at a minimum to continue to teach,mold and train Madi, Zoe, and Mya to desire to please God. After that,  Madi could be going away to college and then Zoe and then Mya. I pray we do the best job we can to show our children Christ. To instill a love for God in their hearts that only wants to follow His will and not their own desires. I want to teach them discipline, modesty, self worth, their value in God, self- control and confidence to fight the pressures that this world will throw at them. My sole purpose as a mother is to raise children that will be obedient to God and choose to follow God. Nothing else I do will have an eternal purpose but that! Wow, what a change in direction. I have fully intended on blogging about the game and our experience. I guess my heart was saddened by the scarce presence of God there this weekend. As we walked the mile or two back to our car, I watched all the people celebrating the big win. They were so excited dancing, getting drunk, and partying it up. I am not judging them but I wondered if they knew Jesus?  It makes me sad to think of how so many people are living without the hope that Jesus offers. So many people are living life only focused on the matters of this life and this world and not looking past this life and seeing God's purpose for us.
 This weekend I saw so many people that have made LSU their "god". They put so much time, insane amounts of money and effort to tail gate and attend their weekly football games. If LSU wins, life is great! If LSU loses then they are bummed. They will even go to the extent to tell an opposing team or a game official to go to hell because of a loss or a bad call. REALLY??? I saw a  family of five sitting in front of us all wearing their new matching t-shirts with the words "GO TO HELL OLE MISS" printed on them.  How could you wear a shirt like that, much less buy it for your children? To me it is JUST a game of football. I know to some people it is more than just football, it is their life. It makes me look at my own life and ask myself what kind of things do I put too much focus on that are not eternal? What kind of things do I let get in the way of God's plan for me as His child and His disciple?                           I need to go to bed. Just had to get a few things off my chest. I don't know why I think about things too much.
By the way, it was wonderful to come home to see my babies!!! I missed them so much. I got tons of hugs and kisses! I had a wonderful time with Kevin it was some much needed time away with him. It seems to always recharge me as a mommy to have a break with Kevin every now and then. It gives us a chance focus on each other only for a few days with no distractions which is always a good thing.
I also came home to my mom, dad, grandparents, and uncle! I am so excited about the week ahead of us!  I love spending time with family and it is a blessing for them to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment