I am so moved to blog about this. I love the Word of GOD!!! I have committed to journey with my precious hubby, my mom, and some good friends by reading through the Bible this year. Wow! It has so richly blessed my life already. I am enjoying every minute of it. I have studied the Bible both on my own and with a studybook in various classes and it has blessed me but I highly recommend the One Year Bible.
It is so organized and keeps me on track. I am enjoying it so much. I am able to put pieces together on my own and enjoy it chronologically. I tried doing this study before about 5 years ago and got discouraged and got behind and quite. This time I am so excited about it and it is even more exciting to be doing it with people I love and that will hold me accountable.
I have already seen it working in my life. Convicting me in the areas of my life that I am weak and encouraging me to do better. All areas of my life are blessed when I am in the Word daily. Everything else in life seems to find its place in order of importance and it is easier to see God's plan for me when I am studying it everyday. This is a lifestlye I want to teach my children. I want them to make time to study the Bible on their own on a daily basis. As a family we teach our children the Bible and we have daily family devotionals but I don't want that to be it for my children. I don't want them to rely on Kevin and I to teach them about the relationship they need to develop with God. Of course I want to coach them on it, but I want it to theirs. I want them to desire to have a relationship with God. I want to help guide and lead them as they develope their faith in our Creator.
No comments:
Post a Comment