Jessica Rowell Photography

Jessica Rowell Photography
Jessica Rowell Photography

Friday, February 18, 2011

Praising God!

Yesterday was an amazing day! First, it was my precious Mom's Birthday. I am so thankful for her life and pray God continues to bless her life and health. I love her so much! I am also blessed to have the opportunity to work with such awesome sisters and brothers in Christ! It touches my heart to see people seeing needs of people in the community and pitching in as a team to fill those needs. As a bible class for the past quarter Kevin has led us through a study on Radical by David Platt- Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream. WOW! What a challenge. In this study the author continues to challenge us with questions that are life changing. The first song " I Refuse"on my blog playlist is the idea of this. For example, Have we turned  Jesus Christ  into what we want him to be, out of convenience to us, our lives and our "American Dream?" Did Jesus really mean everything he said?  If so, are living that out in that manner? Another challenge for me that sounds like a no brainer is the concept of EVERYTHING I have is GOD'S. He has so richly blessed me with it. He can easily take it away. Am I giving till it hurts when there are so many in need?  Do I really realize what it is like to live in countries like Egypt and Algeria where the mention of Christ and Christianity could result in extreme persecution and even death of me and my family? Am I taking serious the Great Commission when Jesus says "GO and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you?" I thought I was trying my best to do these things in my life but I have been uncomfortably challenged to examine myself and re-evaluate the way I am doing things.  If you haven't seen or read this book I highly recommend it to you.  I believe if we get comfortable where we are in our walk it means we have stopped striving to grow.

Going back to my original praise... I have seen God working and being glorified in the hearts of others. I believe it is because of  this study that helped us realize we cant ignore the teachings of Jesus and depend on someone else to do them. We are all spoken to as missionaries sent out to carry out the Great Commission everyday in our daily walk. I have watched sisters and brothers in Christ take initiative like I have never seen before. I have watched people selflessly see needs and fill them for others. I am so blessed to have fellowship with this community of believers that are working towards living out the Great Commission for real! I pray this momentum only grows and spreads.
Two families were in need yesterday and willing people where excited to fill those needs. One family was in the middle of extreme home repairs and their first child came 10 weeks early. They needed help to get their home back in order to prepare for their baby when she is able to come home form the NICU.
The other family has lost everything they own due to financial struggles. They are a family of 6 that has been living in a hotel room since last June. Then they lost their 4 year old daughter in October from a severe asthma attack. They have been in shock and struggling to make it through her death. They finally were able to get a rental home yesterday. They moved into a home with nothing. It was completely empty. Our Christian sisters and brothers have dug in and pooled together given and purchased items to furnish their home. From beds, sheets, dishes,cleaning supplies, a washer, dryer, and a refrigerator of food . They are in still in need of  food items and household things like towels and such but we still have so many people that want to help!
I am loving watching work being done to further HIS Kingdom!
Praise God! Let His Glory be seen through this by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment